Thursday, November 13, 2008

Photo editing

It's like painting without the imperfections, mess and fun smells. I started teaching myself how to use some new photo editing software yesterday, after my dear friend and amazing photographer lovingly chided me, calling me a "booby" and told me to get with the program. How did I do? Is the first one totally overkill? This is a photo that I posted recently from Laguna, edited with 2 different programs. I tried to play with the saturation, but when placed consecutively, the top one looks a little Disney, and the bottom a little pasty (this was posted previously). Hmm. What do you think?



3 comments:

Pat! said...

i like the second one better, myself

i like the softer look it has, compared to the first

Unknown said...

Def. the second. Have to be careful not to push things past the natural limit of believability. If you do people think "photoshopped" and "dishonest." A delicate line sometimes.

lio evilo said...

Thanks for the comments! I'll work on finding a natural balance.